.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

cinxia knitalong

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More Cinxia-sters are knitting along

Tuesday round-up time:

  • Carey is still waiting on her yarn shipment.

  • Carol has gotten to about 2" below the underarm seam. (She's working the pattern top-down.) She'll be continuing to work on the project until it
    gets to be about 3 or 4" below the underarm seam, and then waiting for her move back to the US and additional yarn.

  • In between working on hats, Chelle has completed about 7" up from the cast-on. She says it's slow going and asks
    Am I missing something or is this twisted stockingette just awkward? Are Continental knitters having an easier time?

  • Chloe has finished four repeats of the slip stitch pattern.

  • Jenny has finished the lower portion, up to the bind-off for the armholes. She has a word of caution about the "unbalanced" fronts:
    Now I know why the markers are placed so that the right and left fronts do not have an even number of stitches - that way they DO end up with an even number of stitches after the bind-off. Many sweaty and mumbling hours later, I think I managed to correct my "correction." And yet, now I have
    the correct number of stitches on the right front and the back, but I am missing one stitch on the left front. So, I put it in the marination chamber for a few days, hoping for inspiration, while I work on "Blackberry." I may just add a stitch surreptitiously ;)

  • Katie is also up to the armholes on hers. Anyone have a few extra Denise cables to loan her for the sleeves?

  • Mary B. has Cinxia on her to-cast-on list. She's planning to use some Highland Wool from Elann.

  • Tracy is about 10 rows into the twisted stockingette.

  • And I'm 5.5 inches up from the cast on. This Cotton-Ease is murder on the hands, but it knits up quickly and crisply. Like labor, the product will make me forget the effort, I'm sure.



Where are the rest of you holding? Post or email and let us know!

1 Comments:

  • I'd love to join in the Cinxia Knitalong, if I may. I am up to the armholes and have a couple of inches of the first sleeve done using a beautiful brick red Galway Highland Heather. I had a terrible time getting the stitch gauge right. I tried 7s, but had too few stitches per inch, but rows per inch was right. Then I tried 6s and still had too few stitches per inch, but the rows per inch was way off. I finally decided to knit the size small on 7s and hope for the best. Since it's in the round I could frog if necessary, but I'm hoping that it will be okay. Thus far, it looks fine size-wise.

    By Blogger Jenny Raye, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home